Tuesday, March 5, 2013

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Grav Tank.

I'm going to give this hobby blog thing one more try. I am absolutely ready to guaranty that I will post at least twice a week. My early attempts at posting consistently met with results ranging from poor to abject failure. But not this time. The content here will vary, from WIP miniatures painting pics to discussions on the retro Star Frontiers game I'm gonna to run. If you remember the Sathar, then you know what I'm talking about. I will probably post stuff about my Adepticon/GenCon metallics painting class, as well, in hopes of some pre-event feedback.

I'll also try and post coverage of Adepticon and GenCon, along with some battle reports (should I find myself actually playing any games).

The first real project I hope to cover here is a re-paint of the very detailed Fantasy Flight Slave I, for the X-Wing miniatures game. I finally got a chance to play here in Chicago at the Dice Dojo (great store). The models are really well done, for pre-painted ships, so there's not a huge motivation to do much "rennovation". That said, I knew right away that I wanted to do SI in its original Jango Fett-style scheme. Maybe piloted by Boba's foster-mom, Aurra Sing. I know I'd be messing with the time-line of the game, but you can send complaints/comments to Tim Zahn. Anyway, more on that later this week.

Until then, here's a few shots of Khurasan Miniatures' super-heavy grav tank. I did this in a couple days (read: rush), for a 15mm Hammer's Slammers game my group was running. It was really just another experiment in expedited airbrushing and weathering. I think it came out alright, like a 6.5/7. I do think with every use, I get more proficient with the airbrush. Oh, and this tank will also end up as a proxy for a Pacifican metro heavy grav, commanded by the infamous Outlander, Scythe. But more on that in a few weeks....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tank! I love all the little touches, like the white hand and the scythe!

    ReplyDelete