Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Otherworld Orc: an end to a painting slump?


I've been in a bit of a painting slump recently. I have plenty of excuses, like a toddler and SW:TOR. But the fact remains: my painting output has been shoddy at best. Now, I've finished a few things, mostly gaming models I've used to practice airbrushing. But I need to do something to end the slump, something display-ish. I think I found the model. An Otherworld Miniatures Orc. This sort of "retro" AD&D Orc has been taunting me for some time. I love the old-school pig-face Orcs of olde.

I also think that he'll provide a nice step-by-step for my metallics class at Adepticon, since he's almost 80% armor. At the time of writing the base has been airbrushed a few coats and Orc is primed up. I'll keep posting WIP pics here.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment